The spa administration bought the house in 1954, which was once again used as a guesthouse. Petry GmbH & Co. KG was the operator during the 1970s.
Kur- und Kongreß GmbH decided to sell the house in the 1980s. The proceeds were to be used to partially finance the new spa building. However, it took several years before a new owner was found, because although it was to continue being used as a hotel, it had neither a breakfast room nor a reception area.